The Motor Accident Injury Accreditation Scheme | ISV Medical Assessments | ISV Medical Assessment Report | The Accreditation Process
RESOURCES / CONTACT US
MAIAS Resources for Accredited Medical Practitioners
MAIAS has received several enquiries from Accredited Medical Practitioners seeking information on resources, medical equipment and training courses relevant to undertaking ISV Medical Assessments using AMA 5 or GEPIC. MAIAS provide below a log of information that may be relevant to MAIAS Accredited Medical Practitioners. None of the resources listed are compulsory for MAIAS accreditation nor are they endorsed by MAIAS.
Do you have relevant resources to share? Please contact MAIAS on 1300 303 558.
TEXT: THE PRACTICAL GUIDE TO RANGE OF MOTION (ROM) ASSESSMENT (2002)
A text book published by the American Medical Association providing an illustrated guide to conducting Range of Motion Assessments using AMA 5.
Authors: John Gerhardt, Linda Cocchiarella, Randall Lea
MAIAS has 4 copies available for Accredited Medical Practitioners for short-term loan. Contact MAIAS on 1300 303 558.
Accredited Medical Practitioners undertaking ISV Medical Assessments that require a Range of Motion Assessment (ROM) of the Spine must use an inclinometer to record measurements (as detailed in AMA 5 Chapter 15, 15-8b, page 400.) MAIAS has 11 inclinometers available to accredited Medical Practitioners for short term loan.
Contact MAIAS on 1300 303 558.
Motor Accident Injury Accreditation Scheme library
- Accredited Medical Practitioners
- ISV Medical Assessment Report Template – Physical injury(s)
- ISV Medical Assessment Report Template – Pure Mental Harm, GEPIC report
- Application Form
- MAIAS Training Manual 2019 (3rd Edition)
- Protocol for Pure Mental Harm ISV Assessments via Telehealth
- Telehealth ISV GEPIC Assessment Template
- Claimant Information Sheet– Telehealth ISV Medical Assessments – Pure Mental Harm
- Consent Form - Telehealth ISV Medical Assessments – Pure Mental Harm
- Accredited Medical Practitioner
means a medical practitioner who is accredited as an Accredited Health Professional under this Scheme.
means the Civil Liability Act 1936.
means Injury Scale Value, under Schedule 1 of the Civil Liability Regulations 2013.
- ISV Medical Assessment Report
means a report prepared by an Accredited Medical Practitioner under regulations 16, 23 and Regulation 14 for the assessment of Pure Mental Harm, of the Civil Liability Regulations 2013.
- Motor Accident Injury Accreditation Scheme
means the Accreditation Scheme as established by the Minister under regulation 76(2) of the Civil Liability Act 1936.
means the Civil Liability Regulations 2013.
means the Motor Accident Injury Accreditation Scheme established by the Minister pursuant to section 76(2) of the Civil Liability Act 1936.
Phone: 1300 303 558
C/O GPO Box 1095
Adelaide SA 5001