To be eligible for the Motor Accident Injury Accreditation Scheme (MAIAS) accreditation, it is a pre-requisite that a medical practitioner is accredited as a permanent impairment assessor in the Return to Work Scheme before applying for accreditation with the MAIAS.
The next accreditation process will commence in 2022.
The process consists of the following steps:
- Completion of application form
- Application eligibility check is undertaken prior to being submitted to the Minister
- Minister approval of applications for accreditation training enabling completion of required training and competency based assessments
- Finalisation of accreditation following training and successful completion of competency based assessments
- Accredited Medical Practitioner details recorded on the register for the relevant accreditation period.