The MAIAS Administrator administers and manages the Scheme by:
- prescribing the processes and documentation of the MAIAS
- prescribing accreditation training courses and overseeing their implementation
- making recommendations to the Minister for approval of applicants who meet the accreditation criteria
- monitoring the performance of Accredited Medical Practitioners to ensure conformity with accreditation obligations
- conducting investigations into alleged breaches of these conditions and imposing sanctions
- maintaining and keeping an up to date register of all Accredited Medical Practitioners
- ensuring continuing oversight of the MAIAS.
The administration and management of the MAIAS is delegated by the South Australian Attorney-General to the MAIAS Administrator, in accordance with Section 76 (3) of the Civil Liability Act 1936.
On 20 February 2019, the Attorney-General appointed the CTP Regulator as the MAIAS Administrator.